There are six siblings and at the point that you’re going to be meeting them, seventeen years has gone by and we see how the loss of their mother still affects who they currently are. Each book will not only introduce you to an individual Shaughnessy as they navigate through their life and eventually find love, you get to spend a lot of time getting to know the rest of the family, as well.
We’re talking about some top spots for dating. The men in the Shaughnessy series certainly had some hits and misses with this category! Granted, I did some of that on purpose, but here are some of my top picks for great date spots:
5. The pizza parlor! Actually, there is nothing wrong with some casual dining for a date. It’s a great spot when you’re just getting to know one another or for when you’ve already been together for a while and just want a hassle-free night out.
4. The beach. A lot of my romances take place on the coast and my hero and heroine love to spend time simply walking on the beach. With the sound of the waves crashing on the shore as the sun is going down and the sand beneath your toes…it makes for some beautiful scenery.
3. The Playing Field – and by this I mean any playing field. If you’re the type of couple who is into sports, then go for it! Go to a game! Go to an arcade and play some air hockey for foosball. Whatever you like, you should indulge. It will draw the two of you closer together because you’re bonding over the activity and you’ll be guaranteed to share some laughter too!
2. Someplace romantic. I leave that vague because really, what’s romantic to one person may not be to another. For me, it’s a candlelit dinner someplace where you can actually hear yourselves talk and then maybe do a little slow dancing afterwards. This encourages a level of intimacy that we don’t normally achieve in our everyday life. I love the times when my husband and I dress up and go someplace romantic!
1. Your living room. Granted, I don’t recommend you do this often, but there is something sweet about being comfortable in your own home with a bowl of popcorn and a movie on Netflix while snuggled up next to your date. Whether you make dinner for the two of you beforehand or you’re just getting together to watch a movie, I think this is my favorite date spot!
Author: Samantha Chase
Release Date: August 4, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: The Shaughnessy Brothers, Book 1
Can't make time for love?
The Shaughnessy brothers have spent the years since their mother's untimely death taking care of each other and trying to make their father proud. Oldest son Aidan is hard-working, handsome, successful-and still single. Sure, he'd like to have his own family someday, but who has the time?
She'll show him how to find it
Zoe Dalton, a stunning designer Aidan meets on one of his construction jobs, has the beauty and heart to make Aidan realize how much he could be missing. But it's not easy to break down walls you've spent years building up. Now there's a major storm bearing down on the North Carolina coast, and it could be catalyst enough to force Aidan and Zoe into some major decisions of the heart.
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1Kje4hf
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan's Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40's to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and encouraging those students to follow their writing dreams gave Samantha the confidence to take that step as well.
When she's not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.
Social Networking Links